BA English Syllabus-Punjab University contains list of books and topics which are required to be studied by students preparing for Punjab University Bachelor of Arts Examinations.
Exam Type of BA English Syllabus – Punjab University:
- University of Punjab holds Exams for BA(Bachelor of Arts) every year around March-April.
- Any student having completed two years after intermediate or HSSC or equivalent may appear in the private BA Exams.
- All exams are subjective i.e. either long or short courses. We are discussing about English only.
Paper A and B of BA English Syllabus – Punjab University:
University has divided the English Examination into two parts i.e. Paper A and Paper B.
Paper A of BA English Syllabus – Punjab University includes following:(Total Marks 100)
- A New Anthology of English Verse – Collection of Poems about 24
- Modern Essays – around 16 essays
- One Act Plays – 3 in number
- The Old Man and The Sea, novel by Ernest Hemingway
- Short Stories – about 12 (Actually plays and Short Stories come as one book)
Paper B of BA English Syllabus – Punjab University has the outline:(Total Marks 100)
- Essay Writing – 25 marks
- Precis Writing & answering questions (It means to summarise the given paragraph) (25 )
- Correction of Sentences. (10 Marks)
- Use of Idioms/ Phrases (10 Marks)
- Letter to the editor / Application. (15)
- Translate from Urdu to English or rewrite written English.(15)
We have added the BA English Notes on this website. You find all relevant notes under following links: